One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- ‘A review of a book on British butterflies and their collectors may seem more appropriate to the pages of an entomological journal than to American Zoologist.’
- ‘I'm often invited to give public lectures on entomological topics and, always anxious to do my part for science literacy, I rarely refuse such invitations.’
- ‘However impressive 13 authors may be among entomological papers, it barely qualifies as a multi-author paper compared with the competition.’
- ‘Received entomological wisdom holds that a ‘prudent’ parasite does not kill its host.’
- ‘The debate about the significance of insect flatulence has been waged for over three-quarters of a century not in obscure special interest entomological journals but rather in the premier scientific journals of our era.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.