One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- ‘Received entomological wisdom holds that a ‘prudent’ parasite does not kill its host.’
- ‘A review of a book on British butterflies and their collectors may seem more appropriate to the pages of an entomological journal than to American Zoologist.’
- ‘However impressive 13 authors may be among entomological papers, it barely qualifies as a multi-author paper compared with the competition.’
- ‘The debate about the significance of insect flatulence has been waged for over three-quarters of a century not in obscure special interest entomological journals but rather in the premier scientific journals of our era.’
- ‘I'm often invited to give public lectures on entomological topics and, always anxious to do my part for science literacy, I rarely refuse such invitations.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.