One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A toxin produced in or affecting the intestines, such as those causing food poisoning or cholera.
- ‘E. coli, the gut organism that produces a special poison called enterotoxin, is the commonest cause.’
- ‘It has been demonstrated that this pathogen produces different enterotoxins and different strains may cause disease by different mechanisms.’
- ‘Secretory diarrhoea is a common disorder in developing countries, where pathogens that produce enterotoxin such as enterotoxigenic Escherichia coli are endemic.’
- ‘The bacteria-produced enterotoxin interacts with intestinal cells to spur diarrhea.’
- ‘Watery secretory diarrhea is a sign of bacterial enterotoxins and viruses.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.