One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
nounPlural enteropathiesmass nounMedicine
A disease of the intestine, especially the small intestine.
- ‘To determine the cause of enteropathy, biopsies of the gastrointestinal tract were performed.’
- ‘Also known as celiac sprue, nontropical sprue and gluten-sensitive enteropathy, celiac disease occurs in people who have a susceptibility to gluten intolerance.’
- ‘When the diagnosis of gluten-sensitive enteropathy is suspected, serologic tests can identify many affected patients.’
- ‘Failure to improve while on a gluten-free diet should increase suspicion for other causes of small bowel enteropathy or may indicate noncompliance with the strict diet, which for most patients is difficult to follow.’
- ‘In my own practice, I have several patients who have been harmed significantly by treatment for hepatitis C, with outcomes such as chronic sprue-like enteropathy, myopathy, and depression.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.