Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
A cell of the intestinal lining.
- ‘Glutamine is an amino acid that is a primary fuel for the enterocytes of the small intestine.’
- ‘Bacterial adhesion to enterocytes is a prerequisite for invasion and establishing infection.’
- ‘There is also some evidence that glutathione may be absorbed into enterocytes following ingestion.’
- ‘The iron can be stored within intestinal enterocytes bound to ferritin.’
- ‘The amino acid L-glutamine can be supplemented, as a direct source of energy for the damaged enterocytes.’
Are you looking for a word for a foolish person? We explore twelve interesting words to describe the dunderheads in your life.
Before you run for the hills, let’s run through a list of ‘run’ expressions that are running through our minds.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.