One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
Inflammation of the intestine, especially the small intestine, usually accompanied by diarrhoea.
- ‘The diagnosis remains one of exclusion because underlying conditions such as diabetes or regional enteritis may produce similar symptoms.’
- ‘The official reason given for his untimely death was acute enteritis (inflammation of the intestine) caused by a kick to the stomach.’
- ‘In salmonella infections relapses of enteritis or bacteraemia are common.’
- ‘Illnesses such as diarrhea, enteritis, and gastroenteritis affect as many as three-quarters of the village's children under the age of 5.’
- ‘‘If your immune ability decreases, and you get other diseases such as pneumonia, enteritis, or cholecystitis, the virus may take advantage and start to replicate itself,’ he said.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.