One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
Inflammation of the intestine, especially the small intestine, usually accompanied by diarrhoea.
- ‘In salmonella infections relapses of enteritis or bacteraemia are common.’
- ‘Illnesses such as diarrhea, enteritis, and gastroenteritis affect as many as three-quarters of the village's children under the age of 5.’
- ‘‘If your immune ability decreases, and you get other diseases such as pneumonia, enteritis, or cholecystitis, the virus may take advantage and start to replicate itself,’ he said.’
- ‘The diagnosis remains one of exclusion because underlying conditions such as diabetes or regional enteritis may produce similar symptoms.’
- ‘The official reason given for his untimely death was acute enteritis (inflammation of the intestine) caused by a kick to the stomach.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.