One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
(of a person or thing) start to play a significant part in someone's existence.‘Shiona had been sixteen when Jake entered her life’
- ‘Most of my friends have entered my life by accident and stayed there by worth.’
- ‘In this case, the void has occurred because something hasn't entered my life.’
- ‘Being successful can bring a lot of evils and I hope that they haven't entered my life.’
- ‘But a 10-year-old boy enters her life, saying he's the reincarnation of her ex-husband.’
- ‘But I have come to a conclusion about our fear and what we must do about it, and in part, this revelation entered my life just the other day.’
- ‘It isn't until she enters his life that he is able to discover his own talent.’
- ‘In Mexico however they entered my life once again in a more substantive way.’
- ‘The relationship between Anna and David is tested when a wealthy gentleman, Edward, enters Anna 's life.’
- ‘And just exactly who is the one-eyed stranger that's mysteriously entered her life?’
- ‘Someone you've never met will enter your life at some point in the future.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.