One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
Come into effect.‘the treaty entered into force in 1975’
- ‘The treaty will not enter into force, however, until it is ratified by all 25 member states, through their national parliaments or popular referendums.’
- ‘Even before the treaty has entered into force, many of the countries committed to carrying it out have discovered that they can do even better.’
- ‘As a result of the ratification by EU Member States, the number of countries ratifying the Treaty will exceed 40 and the Treaty will now enter into force in 90 days.’
- ‘This will require changing the EU's Constitutional Treaty once it enters into force.’
- ‘The two new treaties entered into force on 1 January 1958.’
- ‘When the Treaty of Rome originally entered into force in 1958 it was not clear that it was intended to give rise to such actions on the part of individuals.’
- ‘It will have jurisdiction only over crimes committed after the treaty enters into force.’
- ‘The treaty entered into force on 9 November 1992, after a difficult ratification process that was complicated by the collapse of the Soviet Union in December 1991.’
- ‘The revised treaty is expected to enter into force in 2004.’
- ‘Reaching it does not mean that the Treaty enters into force, as some would have liked.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.