One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- ‘Individuals cannot choose their physical and cultural heritage, but they can choose to deny or moderate the structural entailments of this heritage.’
- ‘The positing of axioms has a direct parallel with Acts of ethical commitment: once made, both result in strict logical entailments, but neither are grounded in anything.’
- ‘Everyday language, involving a system of logical entailment, has to fall back into a kind of stammering utterance or pure exclamation.’
- ‘Equally, if you run too far the other way you end up arguing for ungrounded cultural forces shaping up individual psychology, which is an equally deterministic position and both views have socio-political entailments.’
- ‘When you say that, it has a bunch of entailments.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.