One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- ‘When you say that, it has a bunch of entailments.’
- ‘The positing of axioms has a direct parallel with Acts of ethical commitment: once made, both result in strict logical entailments, but neither are grounded in anything.’
- ‘Equally, if you run too far the other way you end up arguing for ungrounded cultural forces shaping up individual psychology, which is an equally deterministic position and both views have socio-political entailments.’
- ‘Everyday language, involving a system of logical entailment, has to fall back into a kind of stammering utterance or pure exclamation.’
- ‘Individuals cannot choose their physical and cultural heritage, but they can choose to deny or moderate the structural entailments of this heritage.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.