Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
Add (an item of data awaiting processing) to a queue of such items.
- ‘Each class must have a queuing discipline to determine how packets are enqueued and dequeued.’
- ‘Next, any enqueued commands are executed in order.’
- ‘Each packet is then buffered and enqueued for transmission.’
- ‘Typically, multiple data access operations are enqueued in an internal command buffer in the disk drive.’
- ‘To use this feature, you must create multi-consumer queues and enqueue the messages into these multi-consumer queues’
We take a look at several popular, though confusing, punctuation marks.
From Afghanistan to Zimbabwe, discover surprising and intriguing language facts from around the globe.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.