Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
Add (an item of data awaiting processing) to a queue of such items.
- ‘Next, any enqueued commands are executed in order.’
- ‘Each packet is then buffered and enqueued for transmission.’
- ‘Typically, multiple data access operations are enqueued in an internal command buffer in the disk drive.’
- ‘Each class must have a queuing discipline to determine how packets are enqueued and dequeued.’
- ‘To use this feature, you must create multi-consumer queues and enqueue the messages into these multi-consumer queues’
Are you looking for a word for a foolish person? We explore twelve interesting words to describe the dunderheads in your life.
Before you run for the hills, let’s run through a list of ‘run’ expressions that are running through our minds.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.