One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- ‘Well-to-do commoners used their money to acquire public office and landed property, which in turn paved the way for ennoblement.’
- ‘Whatever the motivations of those who supported his ennoblement, however, there was no disguising the pettiness of those who opposed it.’
- ‘Less than eight years after Anne had become Queen of England and brought about the ennoblement her father had so desperately sought, not one member of the immediate Boleyn household had survived.’
- ‘Besides her ennoblement as a Dame in 1993, her awards included the TS Eliot Prize and the British Literature Prize.’
- ‘Not for the benefit of others, but for the ennoblement of yourself.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.