One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
An increase or improvement in quality, value, or extent.‘this programme of enhancements will improve the daily experience of passengers’mass noun ‘the enhancement of civic amenities’
improvement, intensification, magnification, amplification, increase, strengthening, inflation, augmenting, augmentationView synonyms
- ‘They also lost enhancements to pay for working unsociable hours and weekends.’
- ‘This programme of enhancements will improve daily experience of passengers and encourage more people to use the railway.’
- ‘It added that the company as a whole spends £50 million each year on enhancements to its facilities across the country.’
- ‘The main reasons for these enhancements are for the benefit of the people in the area and the tourists who visit the area each year.’
- ‘This money will be used to carry out further improvements and enhancement.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.