Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
An increase or improvement in quality, value, or extent.‘this programme of enhancements will improve the daily experience of passengers’mass noun ‘the enhancement of civic amenities’
improvement, intensification, magnification, amplification, increase, strengthening, inflation, augmenting, augmentationView synonyms
- ‘They also lost enhancements to pay for working unsociable hours and weekends.’
- ‘The main reasons for these enhancements are for the benefit of the people in the area and the tourists who visit the area each year.’
- ‘This programme of enhancements will improve daily experience of passengers and encourage more people to use the railway.’
- ‘This money will be used to carry out further improvements and enhancement.’
- ‘It added that the company as a whole spends £50 million each year on enhancements to its facilities across the country.’
We take a look at several popular, though confusing, punctuation marks.
From Afghanistan to Zimbabwe, discover surprising and intriguing language facts from around the globe.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.