Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
An increase or improvement in quality, value, or extent.‘this programme of enhancements will improve the daily experience of passengers’[mass noun] ‘the enhancement of civic amenities’
improvement, intensification, magnification, amplification, increase, strengthening, inflation, augmenting, augmentationboost, rise, increment, liftescalation, elevation, exaltation, aggrandizement, swelling, heightening, emphasis, stress, reinforcement, enrichmentjacking up, hikeView synonyms
- ‘This money will be used to carry out further improvements and enhancement.’
- ‘They also lost enhancements to pay for working unsociable hours and weekends.’
- ‘This programme of enhancements will improve daily experience of passengers and encourage more people to use the railway.’
- ‘The main reasons for these enhancements are for the benefit of the people in the area and the tourists who visit the area each year.’
- ‘It added that the company as a whole spends £50 million each year on enhancements to its facilities across the country.’
Are you looking for a word for a foolish person? We explore twelve interesting words to describe the dunderheads in your life.
Before you run for the hills, let’s run through a list of ‘run’ expressions that are running through our minds.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.