One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
The final version of a legal document, especially a deed or statute.
pensiveness, concentration, absorption, self-absorption, musing, thinking, thinking of other things, deep thought, brown study, broodingView synonyms
- ‘I can then prepare the engrossments for your signatures and I note that I should forward the Wills to you at home for signature.’
- ‘I will prepare engrossments of the Settlement Agreement and you will prepare engrossments of the Trade Mark Agreement.’
- ‘If you provide me with an engrossment, I will forward it to my clients for execution.’
- ‘The solicitor was not happy with the engrossment and the will was executed again five days later, this time witnessed by two Italian gentlemen.’
- ‘On receipt we will arrange for the engrossments to be executed by our clients and we will then revert to you so that the matter can be completed.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.