Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
The final version of a legal document, especially a deed or statute.
pensiveness, concentration, absorption, self-absorption, musing, thinking, thinking of other things, deep thought, brown study, broodingView synonyms
- ‘If you provide me with an engrossment, I will forward it to my clients for execution.’
- ‘The solicitor was not happy with the engrossment and the will was executed again five days later, this time witnessed by two Italian gentlemen.’
- ‘On receipt we will arrange for the engrossments to be executed by our clients and we will then revert to you so that the matter can be completed.’
- ‘I will prepare engrossments of the Settlement Agreement and you will prepare engrossments of the Trade Mark Agreement.’
- ‘I can then prepare the engrossments for your signatures and I note that I should forward the Wills to you at home for signature.’
We take a look at several popular, though confusing, punctuation marks.
From Afghanistan to Zimbabwe, discover surprising and intriguing language facts from around the globe.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.