One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
English language as used England, as distinct from that used elsewhere.
- ‘Most of all, I believe, English English is preferred because of the number of British textbooks available in China and the fact that a high percentage of those Chinese teachers who have been abroad have been in Britain.’
- ‘I wonder whether there are some differences in the colloquial applications of this word between present-day American English and English English?’
- ‘Scottish English can be so much more expressive than English English.’
- ‘Indian English preserves many words that have disappeared from English English.’
- ‘I tend to think of it as a very American usage, but I was surprised that the author found many occurrences in English English.’
- ‘He thus understood how Scottish English stood apart from English English, and what, in particular, it expressed.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.