One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
The parts of science concerned with the physical and mathematical basis of engineering and machine technology.
- ‘That, in combination with textbooks that Navier wrote for practicing engineers, introduced the basic principles of engineering science to a field that previously had been almost completely empirical.’
- ‘However, most universities in Britain rarely offered engineering science.’
- ‘When a historically accurate reproduction of the 1903 Wright Flyer airplane tries to fly on the 100th anniversary of powered flight, it will have passion, modern engineering science and NASA wind tunnel test results helping it aloft.’
- ‘In the engineering sciences, the traditional method for numerically evaluating mechanical reliability is to compute a factor of safety, which is typically taken as the quotient of the load capability and the actual load of a structure.’
- ‘Jim, who is pursuing a doctorate in aerospace engineering sciences at the University of Colorado, has been overhauling the water system.’
- ‘New information technology courses will be developed in conjunction with the schools of computing science and engineering science.’
- ‘They do this through the successful integration of, architectural design, space planning, the behavioural and engineering sciences and business administration.’
- ‘They offer employment and opportunities for advancement in engineering science, product development and manufacturing to Ireland's workforce.’
- ‘He is a distinguished graduate of the U.S. Air Force Academy, where he earned a bachelor's degree in engineering science.’
- ‘It will be a major centre for the study of physics, chemistry, biology, materials and earth and engineering sciences, and is expected to attract 5,000 visiting scientists from all over the world each year.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.