Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
Able to be endured; bearable.‘my journey was long but endurable’
bearable, tolerable, supportable, manageable, sufferable, sustainablebrookableView synonyms
- ‘All of this would be endurable if somebody could guarantee that this would be the final vote, the end of the debate.’
- ‘It was made endurable through their excellent teacher, with her witty sense of humor, and urge to perfect and play music ‘right’.’
- ‘The smell in the wards was so offensive as to be scarcely endurable even by the oldest medical officers’.’
- ‘You will even be able to buy an air-conditioner to make the summer heat more endurable.’
- ‘What they don't understand is that rapid, steady and endurable economic growth needs to be sustained by an open and transparent democratic political system.’
Are you looking for a word for a foolish person? We explore twelve interesting words to describe the dunderheads in your life.
Before you run for the hills, let’s run through a list of ‘run’ expressions that are running through our minds.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.