Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
Able to be endured; bearable.‘my journey was long but endurable’
bearable, tolerable, supportable, manageable, sufferable, sustainableView synonyms
- ‘All of this would be endurable if somebody could guarantee that this would be the final vote, the end of the debate.’
- ‘It was made endurable through their excellent teacher, with her witty sense of humor, and urge to perfect and play music ‘right’.’
- ‘You will even be able to buy an air-conditioner to make the summer heat more endurable.’
- ‘What they don't understand is that rapid, steady and endurable economic growth needs to be sustained by an open and transparent democratic political system.’
- ‘The smell in the wards was so offensive as to be scarcely endurable even by the oldest medical officers’.’
We take a look at several popular, though confusing, punctuation marks.
From Afghanistan to Zimbabwe, discover surprising and intriguing language facts from around the globe.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.