One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
Symbiosis in which one of the symbiotic organisms lives inside the other.
- ‘The two became one organism, an arrangement called endosymbiosis, and swapped some genetic material to create a new hybrid genome.’
- ‘It is the host's metabolism that has had to adjust to the conditions of phototrophic endosymbiosis.’
- ‘This reveals that there is an inherent tendency for endosymbiosis which has operated throughout the evolution of biological systems.’
- ‘It is also used more generally to distinguish the classical view from one that recognizes important role of lateral gene transfer of which endosymbiosis would be just the most dramatic example.’
- ‘Potential explanations for these patterns are suggested by the biology of this endosymbiosis.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.