One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A network of membranous tubules within the cytoplasm of a eukaryotic cell, continuous with the nuclear membrane. It usually has ribosomes attached and is involved in protein and lipid synthesis.
- ‘However, the contributions of other membrane compartments, such as the plasma membrane, vacuoles, and endoplasmic reticulum, have not been investigated.’
- ‘It is also present in smaller amounts in the membranes of the mitochondria and endoplasmic reticulum within the cells.’
- ‘Elongation and unsaturation of fatty acids occurs in both the mitochondria and endoplasmic reticulum (microsomal membranes).’
- ‘Slower-mobility products result from improper processing in the endoplasmic reticulum, which is likely the result of misfolding.’
- ‘Many tumor cells contained scattered cytoplasmic particles consistent with glycogen, mitochondria, and rough endoplasmic reticulum.’
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.