Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
An enzyme which cleaves a polynucleotide chain by separating nucleotides other than the two end ones.
- ‘The second involves the joining of DNA ends through the pairing of short complementary sequences, as happens with complementary overhanging DNA ends produced by endonucleases.’
- ‘Primers and endonucleases are used in the cloning of the various constructs.’
- ‘Let us remember that they are concerned with a DNA endonuclease, so I had some experience dealing with an enzyme that cut nucleic acids.’
- ‘These blocked forks could potentially be processed into DNA breaks by an endonuclease.’
- ‘Total DNA was prepared from leaves of barley after 7 days of germination and restricted with appropriate endonucleases.’
Are you looking for a word for a foolish person? We explore twelve interesting words to describe the dunderheads in your life.
Before you run for the hills, let’s run through a list of ‘run’ expressions that are running through our minds.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.