Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
Inflammation of the endometrium.
- ‘This can lead to the development of endometritis or pelvic inflammatory disease.’
- ‘Cesarean delivery is associated with higher risks of complications, such as endometritis, hemorrhage, and thromboembolic disease.’
- ‘In pregnant women, chlamydial infection is associated with adverse pregnancy outcomes, including preterm delivery and postpartum endometritis.’
- ‘Women with wound infections had longer hospital stays and an increased rate of endometritis.’
- ‘Chronic endometritis is reportedly observed in 3% to 10% of women undergoing endometrial biopsy for abnormal uterine bleeding.’
We take a look at several popular, though confusing, punctuation marks.
From Afghanistan to Zimbabwe, discover surprising and intriguing language facts from around the globe.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.