Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
The taking in of matter by a living cell by invagination of its membrane to form a vacuole.
- ‘It has also been employed to analyze these reactions and to study toxin endocytosis in live cells.’
- ‘During endocytosis, the cell membrane on which the toxin sits gradually encircles the protein complex in an acidic sac or endosome.’
- ‘They undergo rapid endocytosis at higher substrate concentration.’
- ‘In secretory cells membrane trafficking, specifically endocytosis, is inhibited at low pH.’
- ‘We checked all of the mutants for phenotypes that might indicate defects in endocytosis by other cell types.’
We take a look at several popular, though confusing, punctuation marks.
From Afghanistan to Zimbabwe, discover surprising and intriguing language facts from around the globe.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.