One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
The taking in of matter by a living cell by invagination of its membrane to form a vacuole.
- ‘In secretory cells membrane trafficking, specifically endocytosis, is inhibited at low pH.’
- ‘We checked all of the mutants for phenotypes that might indicate defects in endocytosis by other cell types.’
- ‘It has also been employed to analyze these reactions and to study toxin endocytosis in live cells.’
- ‘They undergo rapid endocytosis at higher substrate concentration.’
- ‘During endocytosis, the cell membrane on which the toxin sits gradually encircles the protein complex in an acidic sac or endosome.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.