One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
The taking in of matter by a living cell by invagination of its membrane to form a vacuole.
- ‘It has also been employed to analyze these reactions and to study toxin endocytosis in live cells.’
- ‘We checked all of the mutants for phenotypes that might indicate defects in endocytosis by other cell types.’
- ‘In secretory cells membrane trafficking, specifically endocytosis, is inhibited at low pH.’
- ‘During endocytosis, the cell membrane on which the toxin sits gradually encircles the protein complex in an acidic sac or endosome.’
- ‘They undergo rapid endocytosis at higher substrate concentration.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.