One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
The branch of physiology and medicine concerned with endocrine glands and hormones.
- ‘This gives rise to the necessity for multidisciplinary treatment centres to treat the conditions with a more holistic approach encompassing surgery, endocrinology, and psychology.’
- ‘In 1950 he became associate professor in neurology at Dunedin and taught endocrinology.’
- ‘She was appointed a staff grade nurse in medicine and endocrinology at Morriston Hospital in January 1997.’
- ‘The discovery of the pituitary gland as the controller of the body's hormonal balance was an important milestone in endocrinology.’
- ‘She is board-certified in internal medicine and endocrinology, diabetes, and metabolism.’
- ‘Founded in 1916, The Endocrine Society is the world's oldest, largest, and most active organization devoted to research on hormones, and the clinical practice of endocrinology.’
- ‘He is professor of medicine and chief of endocrinology and metabolism at the University of New Mexico School of Medicine and Health Sciences Center.’
- ‘He also wanted the wider public to have a better understanding of endocrinology and wrote two popular books, Health and Hormones and Hormones and the Body.’
- ‘Doctors often study the fields of reproductive endocrinology for women.’
- ‘A central focus of comparative physiology and endocrinology has been the influence of environmental factors on the development and performance of various systems or whole organisms.’
- ‘In addition, each center focuses on specific research areas such as vascular and cancer biology, endocrinology, or neurobiological sciences.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.