Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
The branch of physiology and medicine concerned with endocrine glands and hormones.
- ‘In addition, each center focuses on specific research areas such as vascular and cancer biology, endocrinology, or neurobiological sciences.’
- ‘This gives rise to the necessity for multidisciplinary treatment centres to treat the conditions with a more holistic approach encompassing surgery, endocrinology, and psychology.’
- ‘She is board-certified in internal medicine and endocrinology, diabetes, and metabolism.’
- ‘The discovery of the pituitary gland as the controller of the body's hormonal balance was an important milestone in endocrinology.’
- ‘Doctors often study the fields of reproductive endocrinology for women.’
- ‘In 1950 he became associate professor in neurology at Dunedin and taught endocrinology.’
- ‘A central focus of comparative physiology and endocrinology has been the influence of environmental factors on the development and performance of various systems or whole organisms.’
- ‘She was appointed a staff grade nurse in medicine and endocrinology at Morriston Hospital in January 1997.’
- ‘Founded in 1916, The Endocrine Society is the world's oldest, largest, and most active organization devoted to research on hormones, and the clinical practice of endocrinology.’
- ‘He also wanted the wider public to have a better understanding of endocrinology and wrote two popular books, Health and Hormones and Hormones and the Body.’
- ‘He is professor of medicine and chief of endocrinology and metabolism at the University of New Mexico School of Medicine and Health Sciences Center.’
We take a look at several popular, though confusing, punctuation marks.
From Afghanistan to Zimbabwe, discover surprising and intriguing language facts from around the globe.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.