One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
Surgical removal of part of the inner lining of an artery, together with any obstructive deposits, most often carried out on the carotid artery or on vessels supplying the legs.‘endarterectomy has proved successful’count noun ‘many carotid endarterectomies were unnecessary’
- ‘The overall benefit of carotid endarterectomy strongly depends on surgical risk.’
- ‘It also contains indicators for how often certain surgical procedures, such as carotid endarterectomy and pediatric heart surgery, are performed.’
- ‘A successful carotid endarterectomy is not a major procedure, and most patients can be discharged home the day after surgery.’
- ‘Carotid endarterectomy is indicated if arteries are 70 percent or more stenosed and should be performed soon after the TIA event in selected patients.’
- ‘With a low surgical risk, carotid endarterectomy provides modest benefit in symptomatic patients with carotid artery stenosis of 50 to 69 percent.’
- ‘Two surgical incisions are used in carotid artery endarterectomies.’
- ‘As he buttoned up his shirt, I noticed the scar on his neck from previous carotid endarterectomy surgery.’
- ‘Carotid endarterectomy is the surgical treatment of choice at this time.’
- ‘For example, carotid endarterectomy is the surgical removal of fatty deposits clogging the carotid artery in the neck that could lead to a stroke.’
- ‘Past surgical history included right carotid endarterectomy, coronary stent placement, and angioplasty of his left lower extremity.’
- ‘Through the removal of atherosclerotic plaques, carotid endarterectomy restores cerebral blood flow and reduces the risk of cerebral ischemia.’
- ‘Often patients undergoing carotid endarterectomy also have comorbid conditions, such as coronary artery disease, hypertension, or diabetes.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.