One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
In a row with the end of one object touching that of another.‘bales were laid end to end for a delivery’
- ‘Well, imagine laying standard playing cards end to end from New York to San Francisco.’
- ‘They are planning to surround their school with coins placed end to end.’
- ‘Once he has reached that figure he will begin laying the coins end to end to try and form the longest line of pennies ever.’
- ‘If they had been laid end to end, the trees would measure 12 times the height of Blackpool Tower!’
- ‘If all the glass, wine and beer bottles were laid end to end, they would stretch from Ireland to Sri Lanka.’
- ‘Pipes often need to be connected end to end to reach from one roadside to the other.’
- ‘If every Barbie doll ever manufactured were laid end to end, they would circle the earth three and a half times.’
- ‘If you laid all your blood vessels out end to end, they would wrap twice around the equator.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.