One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
Enclose or become enclosed in a cyst.‘once the parasite is encysted the fish is heading for death’‘tapeworms are notorious in their ability to encyst in a great variety of hosts’
- ‘The zoospores are disseminated by rain splash to grape tissues where they swim to the vicinity of stomata and encyst.’
- ‘Second, it can encyst inside a daughter sporocyst as a metacercariae, be voided with the sporocyst, and then be consumed by the benthic-feeding definitive host, rosyside dace.’
- ‘Once the cercaria enters the second intermediate host, it sheds its tail and becomes a metacercaria, which is little more than a miniature, but sexually immature, adult, that may, or may not, encyst.’
- ‘While encysted, the glochidia will metamorphose, allowing the organs to develop more like an adult's organs.’
- ‘The grubs migrate through the tissue to the loin area where they encyst, cut a breathing hole in the skin of the animal on the back-line and complete their larval development.’
- ‘In the presence of a competent immune response the parasite encysts.’
- ‘In all cases reported to date, gordiid larvae have been found encysted in the host tissue.’
- ‘The parasites encyst and lay their fertilized eggs within the lung of the host, to be passed enterically or via bronchial secretions.’
- ‘They bore through the intestinal wall into a blood vessel and are carded to muscle tissue where they encyst, or form a protective capsule.’
- ‘The autopsy showed a bullet encysted in his body from a previous shooting.’
- ‘Depending on environmental conditions, it can shift from viviparous to oviparous reproduction, with production of encysted and dehydrated embryos.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.