One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- ‘It is obvious that a large proportion of the forest area is in the possession of encroachers in connivance with real estate agents, politicians and government officials.’
- ‘The Forest Conservation Act of 1980, ostensibly meant to protect the environment, in effect reduced tribal communities to encroachers and thieves in their traditional habitat.’
- ‘His land is also being illegally occupied by encroachers.’
- ‘The lake was dangerously shallow, and encroachers were already living in some parts of it.’
- ‘‘They are illegal encroachers,’ I've heard people say of slum dwellers, ‘they breed like rabbits.’’
- ‘The Forest Department has to be given the muscle to evict encroachers and control stray dog numbers within the park.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.