Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
Involuntary defecation, especially associated with emotional disturbance or psychiatric disorder.
- ‘My 5-year-old son has been diagnosed with encopresis.’
- ‘The treatment for encopresis includes three phases performed under the care of your child's doctor.’
- ‘In addition, children who have chronic constipation or encopresis may present with bed-wetting.’
- ‘Prior to beginning therapy at the Center, Jane's behavior was characterized by continued enuresis and encopresis.’
- ‘The optimal treatment regimen of encopresis involves both a medical and behavioral approach.’
Modern Latin, from Greek en- ‘in’ + kopros ‘dung’.
We take a look at several popular, though confusing, punctuation marks.
From Afghanistan to Zimbabwe, discover surprising and intriguing language facts from around the globe.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.