Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
Delightfully charming or attractive.‘enchanting views’‘Dinah looked enchanting’
captivating, charming, delightful, attractive, appealing, engaging, winning, dazzling, bewitching, beguiling, alluring, tantalizing, seductive, ravishing, disarming, irresistible, spellbinding, entrancing, enthralling, fetching, dreamybonnytakingView synonyms
- ‘The effect is especially enchanting when viewed from a distance.’
- ‘While the scenic beauty of enchanting views make the course one of the most sought after in India, it has provided the backdrop to hundreds of movies in several Indian languages.’
- ‘Standing on the Zhuangyuan Pavilion, you can marvel at the enchanting views of lakes and hills.’
- ‘She prances in my direction, and gives Chris an engaging, enchanting smile - but he looks right through it.’
- ‘Caribbean cruise are your passage to an enchanting world with enthralling experiences.’
- ‘I slipped briefly back into sleep and emerged when breakfast was being served outside in an enchanting garden-courtyard.’
- ‘This is both a dangerous and an entrancing, enchanting position.’
- ‘It's an appealing, enchanting smile - the identical smile that has earned her so many wolf whistles between last year and this.’
- ‘It's an enchanting house in a fabulous village location.’
- ‘Painting was another love and he brought his artistic nature to bear on a series of beautiful paintings… including an enchanting one of Lismore Castle in County Waterford.’
- ‘It was difficult to leave this enchanting place, and I'm sure a return visit is on the cards.’
- ‘I still have battered copies of all her earlier books, the most moving perhaps being French Country Cooking with its enchanting drawings and ‘must try’ recipes.’
- ‘And the enchanting tale of The Borrowers will be brought to life in a new spellbinding production.’
- ‘She loved to watch people engaged in dance; there was something enchanting and joyful about it that appealed to the imagination.’
- ‘Its seductive power - its enchanting spell - is the key to understanding corporate globalism.’
- ‘Explore this Georgian Mansion and enjoy a range of exhibitions that offer an enchanting view of Ireland's heritage and culture.’
- ‘And then there was the enchanting boat-ride across from City Palace jetty to dreamy Lake Palace for dinner.’
Are you looking for a word for a foolish person? We explore twelve interesting words to describe the dunderheads in your life.
Before you run for the hills, let’s run through a list of ‘run’ expressions that are running through our minds.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.