Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
[mass noun] Inflammation of the brain and spinal cord, typically due to acute viral infection.
- ‘Acute disseminated encephalomyelitis, a rare demyelinating disease, is usually triggered by infections or immunisations.’
- ‘People older than 50 years of age are at the highest risk for developing significant symptoms and may develop encephalomyelitis.’
- ‘In experimental allergic encephalomyelitis, rats develop an MS-like disease that features autoimmune reactivity against myelin basic protein.’
- ‘The condition is sometimes called acute disseminated encephalomyelitis.’
- ‘They injected myelin proteins designed to induce the mouse counterpart of multiple sclerosis, called experimental allergic encephalomyelitis.’
Are you looking for a word for a foolish person? We explore twelve interesting words to describe the dunderheads in your life.
Before you run for the hills, let’s run through a list of ‘run’ expressions that are running through our minds.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.