One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
Inflammation of the brain and spinal cord, typically due to acute viral infection.
- ‘The condition is sometimes called acute disseminated encephalomyelitis.’
- ‘They injected myelin proteins designed to induce the mouse counterpart of multiple sclerosis, called experimental allergic encephalomyelitis.’
- ‘People older than 50 years of age are at the highest risk for developing significant symptoms and may develop encephalomyelitis.’
- ‘In experimental allergic encephalomyelitis, rats develop an MS-like disease that features autoimmune reactivity against myelin basic protein.’
- ‘Acute disseminated encephalomyelitis, a rare demyelinating disease, is usually triggered by infections or immunisations.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.