One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
Inflammation of the brain, caused by infection or an allergic reaction.
- ‘Meningitis and encephalitis are infections of the brain and spinal cord usually caused by bacteria or viruses.’
- ‘Varicella pneumonia and encephalitis can be serious complications in adults.’
- ‘Soon people within the city began to experience symptoms similar to encephalitis, an inflammation of the brain.’
- ‘These conditions are causing complications such as encephalitis, pneumonia, diarrhea and conjunctivitis.’
- ‘Measles is a highly infectious viral illness that can cause pneumonia, diarrhoea, encephalitis and death.’
- ‘Patients with meningitis or encephalitis may need pain control for headache.’
- ‘In the normal brain the virus can cause encephalitis, an inflammation of the brain which is potentially fatal.’
- ‘Symptoms of herpetic encephalitis may include headache, confusion, seizures, or lethargy.’
- ‘The pathogenesis of necrosis in toxoplasma encephalitis is unclear.’
- ‘Very rarely, an adult with chickenpox develops brain inflammation called encephalitis.’
- ‘This is still the case with conditions such as chronic fatigue syndrome and myalgic encephalitis.’
- ‘Famous members of this family cause dengue fever, yellow fever and Japanese encephalitis.’
- ‘The first concern is to rule out treatable forms of dementia such as encephalitis or chronic meningitis.’
- ‘Patients given vaccines against measles, mumps and rubella, polio, rabies and Japanese encephalitis are not affected.’
- ‘West Nile virus is a mosquito-borne disease that can cause encephalitis, a brain infection.’
- ‘Mortality occurs in one to two per 1,000 cases, often secondary to pneumonia or encephalitis.’
- ‘Others carry deadly diseases like malaria, encephalitis and yellow fever.’
- ‘Complications of systemic infection include pneumonia, encephalitis, and hepatitis.’
- ‘Rarely, flu can develop into a high fever, acute bronchitis, encephalitis and pneumonia.’
- ‘We had no way of telling the difference between rabies encephalitis, polio encephalitis, or other causes of encephalitis.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.