One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
adverb & adjective
In a pastry crust.as postpositive adjective ‘salmon en croute’
- ‘For the main course, I chose baked salmon en croute with Brie and wild mushrooms, on buttered vegetables with chive cream.’
- ‘The tantalising starters from the buffet table included such delicacies as wild boar sausage, venison pate en croute with walnuts, and grilled artichoke salad.’
- ‘Back on the Orient Express, it is guinea fowl en croute with champagne jelly for afters.’
- ‘My father thoroughly enjoyed his fillet of salmon en croute, finishing off the whole plate.’
- ‘I chose the heaviest dish on the menu, the beef fillet with pâté en croute.’
- ‘How about a salmon en croute in a flaky crust that goes from oven to table in 2.5 minutes?’
- ‘My 18-month-old niece stole the show as always, sitting in her high chair and eating her own individual boeuf en croute.’
French en croûte.
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.