Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
Make into or become an emulsion.[with object] ‘mustard helps to emulsify a vinaigrette’
blend, mingle, combine, put together, stir, jumble, mergeblend, mingle, combine, put together, stir, jumble, mergeView synonyms
- ‘With the blender running, slowly add the oil and blend until emulsified.’
- ‘Continue to add oil in steady stream, blending to emulsify.’
- ‘With the food processor still on, slowly drizzle in the olive oil and vinegar until they are absorbed or emulsified into the sauce.’
- ‘Use plain water, detergents, suitable proprietary compounds, or emulsifying agents.’
- ‘The primary immunization consisted of antigen emulsified in phosphate buffered saline.’
- ‘This was followed by more solid, nutritious foods with liquid vitamins and minerals, and emulsified essential fatty acids.’
- ‘Keep whisking briskly, and make sure each tiny addition of oil is emulsified before adding more.’
- ‘I began to exfoliate my skin and emulsify the natural oils - gently breaking them down rather than stripping my skin.’
- ‘Gasoline won't burn and produce energy in liquid form; for it to ignite, gasoline needs to be emulsified, atomized, and vaporized.’
- ‘Adjust the heat to medium; add the tarragon butter and stir to emulsify.’
- ‘Whey protein concentrate has been shown to provide water binding, emulsifying and gelation properties in several types of soup applications.’
- ‘Combine zest, lemon juice, marjoram, sugar, vinegar and olive oil; whisk until emulsified.’
- ‘With the machine running, gradually add the olive oil until emulsified.’
- ‘This collagen solution was emulsified with an equal volume of Freund's incomplete adjuvant.’
- ‘Slowly drizzle in the olive oil and whisk constantly until emulsified.’
- ‘It is correct that soap will emulsify the P1 oil but that's all it does.’
- ‘As a second step, these natural cheeses are mixed with emulsifying agents into a homogeneous mass.’
- ‘With the blender running, slowly add both oils until emulsified.’
- ‘Various viscous liquids were used in the heating process to emulsify the rubber.’
- ‘Note that oil and juice will not emulsify, giving vinaigrette a ‘broken’ look.’
Are you looking for a word for a foolish person? We explore twelve interesting words to describe the dunderheads in your life.
Before you run for the hills, let’s run through a list of ‘run’ expressions that are running through our minds.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.