Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
Make into or become an emulsion.with object ‘mustard helps to emulsify a vinaigrette’
blend, mingle, combine, put together, stir, jumble, mergeblend, mingle, combine, put together, stir, jumble, mergeView synonyms
- ‘The primary immunization consisted of antigen emulsified in phosphate buffered saline.’
- ‘Adjust the heat to medium; add the tarragon butter and stir to emulsify.’
- ‘Various viscous liquids were used in the heating process to emulsify the rubber.’
- ‘Note that oil and juice will not emulsify, giving vinaigrette a ‘broken’ look.’
- ‘With the blender running, slowly add both oils until emulsified.’
- ‘With the machine running, gradually add the olive oil until emulsified.’
- ‘I began to exfoliate my skin and emulsify the natural oils - gently breaking them down rather than stripping my skin.’
- ‘This was followed by more solid, nutritious foods with liquid vitamins and minerals, and emulsified essential fatty acids.’
- ‘Keep whisking briskly, and make sure each tiny addition of oil is emulsified before adding more.’
- ‘It is correct that soap will emulsify the P1 oil but that's all it does.’
- ‘Use plain water, detergents, suitable proprietary compounds, or emulsifying agents.’
- ‘With the food processor still on, slowly drizzle in the olive oil and vinegar until they are absorbed or emulsified into the sauce.’
- ‘Continue to add oil in steady stream, blending to emulsify.’
- ‘Gasoline won't burn and produce energy in liquid form; for it to ignite, gasoline needs to be emulsified, atomized, and vaporized.’
- ‘Slowly drizzle in the olive oil and whisk constantly until emulsified.’
- ‘Combine zest, lemon juice, marjoram, sugar, vinegar and olive oil; whisk until emulsified.’
- ‘Whey protein concentrate has been shown to provide water binding, emulsifying and gelation properties in several types of soup applications.’
- ‘With the blender running, slowly add the oil and blend until emulsified.’
- ‘As a second step, these natural cheeses are mixed with emulsifying agents into a homogeneous mass.’
- ‘This collagen solution was emulsified with an equal volume of Freund's incomplete adjuvant.’
We take a look at several popular, though confusing, punctuation marks.
From Afghanistan to Zimbabwe, discover surprising and intriguing language facts from around the globe.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.