One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
Showing an ability to understand and share the feelings of another.‘an attentive, empathic listener’‘tears may elicit an empathic response in people’
- ‘Indeed, brain research shows that boys are actually more empathic, expressive, and emotive at birth than girls.’
- ‘If they don't process the emotional content, they are not empathic, they don't have any sense of what they've done to somebody.’
- ‘She must be wise but impulsive, empathic yet distant.’
- ‘For Berrien, one of the key challenges was to become a more supportive and empathic leader.’
- ‘It begins with a deep and empathic understanding of the human condition.’
- ‘They strive to be sincere and to communicate with others in an empathic manner.’
- ‘Greenspan observed that when the father has an empathic identification with his offspring, the child, in turn, identifies with him.’
- ‘Your fans have this really strong empathic connection to you.’
- ‘Some doctors choose to treat things conservatively, some aggressively, and some cultivate a sensitive empathic approach.’
- ‘Dr. McNally is a miracle worker: determined, insightful, and empathic.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.