One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
Showing an ability to understand and share the feelings of another.‘an attentive, empathic listener’‘tears may elicit an empathic response in people’
- ‘If they don't process the emotional content, they are not empathic, they don't have any sense of what they've done to somebody.’
- ‘Your fans have this really strong empathic connection to you.’
- ‘They strive to be sincere and to communicate with others in an empathic manner.’
- ‘She must be wise but impulsive, empathic yet distant.’
- ‘Dr. McNally is a miracle worker: determined, insightful, and empathic.’
- ‘Indeed, brain research shows that boys are actually more empathic, expressive, and emotive at birth than girls.’
- ‘Greenspan observed that when the father has an empathic identification with his offspring, the child, in turn, identifies with him.’
- ‘Some doctors choose to treat things conservatively, some aggressively, and some cultivate a sensitive empathic approach.’
- ‘It begins with a deep and empathic understanding of the human condition.’
- ‘For Berrien, one of the key challenges was to become a more supportive and empathic leader.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.