One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
Not showing any emotion; unemotional.‘her voice was flat and emotionless’
unemotional, unfeeling, dispassionate, passionlessView synonyms
- ‘When a woman's voice from a car alongside him calls his name, his face is emotionless, blank, dead.’
- ‘Her voice was flat and emotionless and Ryder wanted to kick himself for making her sound like that.’
- ‘Diengo's face then settles back into his emotionless, cold expression.’
- ‘The e-mail I did receive was distant, emotionless, cold and generally left me feeling horrible.’
- ‘The room was dark, but Tessa could make out his defeated expression, his eyes emotionless and hollow.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.