One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
Not showing any emotion; unemotional.‘her voice was flat and emotionless’
unemotional, unfeeling, dispassionate, passionlessView synonyms
- ‘The room was dark, but Tessa could make out his defeated expression, his eyes emotionless and hollow.’
- ‘The e-mail I did receive was distant, emotionless, cold and generally left me feeling horrible.’
- ‘When a woman's voice from a car alongside him calls his name, his face is emotionless, blank, dead.’
- ‘Her voice was flat and emotionless and Ryder wanted to kick himself for making her sound like that.’
- ‘Diengo's face then settles back into his emotionless, cold expression.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.