One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- ‘We can count on less patience, less emollience, less nervous anxiety to please everyone (at home, and abroad).’
- ‘But even if the calculated emollience is a stratagem, it confirms one of the most improbable features of his character.’
- ‘Listen to the careful emollience and the surprising promises he made.’
- ‘The language of the board's president was unchanged: antagonistic to his critics and displaying no trace of emollience.’
- ‘The judiciary should modify its arcane ways, cling to all its powers, enrage the executive and forget emollience.’
- ‘For all the emollience of the noble lord's statements, two conclusions from his report are inescapable.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.