One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- ‘These variations between the two bands depend on emissivity and reflectivity of the materials that make up the target and/or background.’
- ‘Low emissivity (low-e) glass has a special surface coating to reduce heat transfer back through the window.’
- ‘This is because metal performs well when it comes to both emissivity and solar reflectivity.’
- ‘The material's ceramic components exhibit the property of high emissivity, which means the material tends to radiate heat.’
- ‘This inversion technique takes into account atmospheric effects on the radiation and spatial variations in the surface emissivity and backscatter.’
- ‘Because of the lower roof surface temperature on roofs with a high emissivity and high reflectivity, urban heat islands can be reduced with widespread use of cool roofs.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.