One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- ‘This is because metal performs well when it comes to both emissivity and solar reflectivity.’
- ‘Because of the lower roof surface temperature on roofs with a high emissivity and high reflectivity, urban heat islands can be reduced with widespread use of cool roofs.’
- ‘Low emissivity (low-e) glass has a special surface coating to reduce heat transfer back through the window.’
- ‘The material's ceramic components exhibit the property of high emissivity, which means the material tends to radiate heat.’
- ‘This inversion technique takes into account atmospheric effects on the radiation and spatial variations in the surface emissivity and backscatter.’
- ‘These variations between the two bands depend on emissivity and reflectivity of the materials that make up the target and/or background.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.