One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- ‘When preformation was the order of the day, embryologists had the easiest job in biology - if the embryo did nothing but grow, the study of development required no more than watching and waiting.’
- ‘Later, Wells claimed that the embryological support for Darwinian evolution is based on the work of another 19th century embryologist, Karl von Baer.’
- ‘So the errors in them may reflect my ignorance of the fact that German embryologists in Haeckel's own day recognized his fabrications.’
- ‘Many physiologists agreed with Boston embryologist Charles Minot that organisms were illusory, and that life and death could be defined only at the cellular level.’
- ‘Together various geneticists, systematists, paleontologists, embryologists, and botanists forged what came to be called the modern or evolutionary synthesis.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.