One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- ‘Yet mitral valve prolapse has been associated with complications such as cerebral embolic events, infective endocarditis, severe mitral regurgitation requiring mitral valve surgery and even sudden death.’
- ‘A small-profile embolic protection filter is designed to allow the capture and removal of dislodged embolic material during cardiovascular interventions.’
- ‘Persistent fever after the first week of treatment suggests a septic embolic complication or inadequate antibiotic therapy.’
- ‘Seven months after the lung tumor was resected, the patient developed a left temporoparietal infarction that resulted from embolic occlusion of the left middle cerebral artery secondary to atrial fibrillation.’
- ‘The differential diagnosis for the lesion included thrombotic or embolic causes.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.