One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
Surgical removal of an embolus.‘some patients with this syndrome are unsuited for embolectomy’count noun ‘he had an embolectomy while in hospital’
- ‘Surgical embolectomy is restricted to life threatening proximal thrombosis where all else has failed.’
- ‘It showed that patients treated with thrombolytic therapy had a higher death rate, increased risk of major hemorrhage and an increased rate of PE recurrence when compared with patients treated surgically with embolectomy.’
- ‘Available modes of treatment include bowel-sparing approaches such as surgical laparotomy with embolectomy or local infusion of thrombolytic agents via an abdominal aortic catheter.’
- ‘Finally, acute pulmonary embolectomy may be beneficial in the unstable patient who has not responded to conventional treatments.’
- ‘A therapeutic approach to a patient who fails thrombolytic therapy, anticoagulation and placement of a filter includes surgical or catheter embolectomy.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.