One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- ‘To be able to explain a natural phenomenon, an earthquake, but at the same time try to use it emblematically to show the way language works in poetry.’
- ‘Mr. B mentioned improvements in automobiles, using airbags emblematically to illustrate that a number of features have been added over the decades.’
- ‘Although written in Yiddish, these works are emblematically American tales.’
- ‘So in essence we have three mythological love stories, each of which came to be emblematically linked in the Renaissance to a different art.’
- ‘Both ecclesiastical and secular patronage are documented through portraiture and more emblematically through heraldry or inscription.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.