One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- ‘Mr. B mentioned improvements in automobiles, using airbags emblematically to illustrate that a number of features have been added over the decades.’
- ‘To be able to explain a natural phenomenon, an earthquake, but at the same time try to use it emblematically to show the way language works in poetry.’
- ‘Both ecclesiastical and secular patronage are documented through portraiture and more emblematically through heraldry or inscription.’
- ‘Although written in Yiddish, these works are emblematically American tales.’
- ‘So in essence we have three mythological love stories, each of which came to be emblematically linked in the Renaissance to a different art.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.