One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
Theft or misappropriation of funds placed in one's trust or belonging to one's employer.‘charges of fraud and embezzlement’
misappropriation, theft, stealing, robbing, robbery, thieving, pilfering, pilferage, appropriation, abstraction, swindlingView synonyms
- ‘At the same time, some senior staff within the bank were involved in frauds and embezzlement.’
- ‘Not included in the cost are theft, embezzlement, suicide, domestic violence, child abuse and neglect.’
- ‘Several family members are being sought by Turkish prosecutors on suspicion of embezzlement and fraud.’
- ‘Corporate fraud and embezzlement have been familiar topics in newspaper headlines of recent years.’
- ‘The legislation will simplify the law on larceny, fraudulent conversion, forgery and embezzlement.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.