One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- ‘Pumpkin, often an elusively subtle taste, is delightfully dominant in the thick Caribbean pumpkin soup.’
- ‘It is deservedly a classic - a most gorgeously written, elusively elegiac, delicate evocation of a vanished way of life, and an almost vanished way of thinking and being in the world.’
- ‘I can understand hitting the sales with commando-like precision if you've wanted a particular item all your life while it remained elusively unaffordable - until suddenly it appears on offer with 70% off.’
- ‘He always ducks the obvious, loud, self-aggrandizing statement in favor of the quiet, inquisitive, other-focused, elusively self-concealing statement.’
- ‘‘I get a lot done,’ Michel says elusively from a Winnipeg hotel room.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.