One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- ‘The syntax itself is hard to follow in places, in which case Wolfe provides elucidatory notes.’
- ‘In this sense they're utterances that are the direct opposite of being confessional or elucidatory or critically precise or transparent in any way.’
- ‘His lecturing technique has always been uniquely charismatic: approachable and elucidatory at the same time, he has always known how to enthrall an audience.’
- ‘Harvey did most of the talking - and he is fascinating to just listen to - but of equal importance are Isabel ‘s elucidatory comments and verification of statements.’
- ‘Philosophy is not descriptive but elucidatory.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.