One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- ‘I've been interviewing various players in this little drama for some time now - something I've alluded to elliptically in a few posts over the last couple months.’
- ‘Somewhat elliptically but passionately in his still-halting but intense English, he explains his fascination with the Belgian artist's surrealism.’
- ‘By combining a weak horizontal magnetic field with a strong vertical magnetic field, we can extract light that is elliptically polarized.’
- ‘As he moved from protest singer to surrealistic prophet, from born-again Christian to born-again Jew, Dylan's life and music registered, however unwillingly or elliptically, his times.’
- ‘And quite the contrary, there's a great deal of place in Palmer's work, often elliptically referenced and usually placed in time, commonly ‘noted’ through the people who populate his poetry.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.