One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A coral with sturdy antler-like branches, found in shallow waters throughout the Caribbean.
- ‘The team's research emphasis is on Acropora palmata, or elkhorn coral, a major reef-building coral.’
- ‘The same disease had eliminated the elkhorn coral which should form a natural breakwater for Caribbean shores.’
- ‘Its victim is the elkhorn coral, an important Caribbean species that provides most of the reef structure in shallow water.’
- ‘Although later research showed it to be contagious, white pox appears to strike only one kind of coral - ‘the magnificent branching elkhorn coral,’ known as the ‘giant redwoods of the reef,’ said Porter.’
- ‘White pox has nearly wiped out hornlike elkhorn coral in some reefs in the Caribbean and elsewhere.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.