One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
adjective & adverb
- ‘The annual fees charged by fund companies have barely budged, even though assets have increased elevenfold since 1989, to more than $6 trillion.’
- ‘Unsecured consumer credit in the UK has increased elevenfold since then.’
- ‘By comparison, America's net external liabilities in the same period multiplied elevenfold to total $831 billion.’
- ‘When Texas Pacific sold its 14% stake in the airline in 1998, it collected an elevenfold return.’
- ‘I noticed upon the door, now in the steady, milky-white moonlight, a queer elevenfold cross engraved with the same metal as the doorknob, upon the upper-middle.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.