One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
1A primary school for the first six or eight grades.
- ‘None of this is to say that we shouldn't improve science and technology education, particularly in high schools, middle schools and elementary schools.’
- ‘Houston is the 7th-largest school district in the United States, encompassing 186 elementary schools and 34 middle schools.’
- ‘‘Peaceful Playground’ will be adopted by the district's eight elementary schools in September.’
- ‘The Center sponsors an educational outreach program in neighboring high schools and elementary schools and 32 national sites.’
- ‘In the most computer-creative primary and early elementary schools, a computer or two comprise one learning location among five or six in the room.’
- ‘Every year, the students in all grades of my elementary school do a papier-mache project.’
- ‘I remember that at orientation every parent I talked to said how lucky I was to be moving in at 6th grade when all the elementary schools came together for middle school.’
- ‘Catholic elementary schools, high schools, and colleges have produced generation after generation of committed Catholic leaders.’
- ‘Eight elementary schools, two high schools, and one middle school participated in this research study.’
- ‘The fourth phase of the revolution, having the gains of the first three phases affect the curriculum of high schools and elementary schools, still has a long way to go.’
- ‘Even the fact that most charter schools are elementary schools, not high schools, represents a way of focusing on less expensive students.’
- ‘To facilitate a better connection between elementary schools and the high schools they feed into, the Vallas administration started to focus on literacy skills at the early grades.’
- ‘Smith allowed the 53 students who have moved from public elementary schools to private schools to remain where they are for the rest of the school year.’
- ‘Teams of teachers worked with multi-age groups of students and created elementary schools where children were no longer assigned to grade levels.’
- ‘The educational system in the city was comprised of fifteen elementary schools, four middle schools, and one high school.’
- ‘On the ninth of February, I will travel to Toronto and a few other surrounding cities on a massive awareness campaign, going to high schools and elementary schools primarily.’
- ‘Participants were children in seven elementary schools (grades primary through six) in Eastern Canada.’
- ‘The children were selected from a larger group of 69 first grade children from three elementary schools in the Netherlands.’
- ‘Students from 10 elementary schools in three school districts were screened using the Dynamic Indicators of Basic Early Literacy Skills.’
- ‘In 6th grade the elementary schools merged into middle schools.’
- 1.1British historical A school where children were taught between the ages of five and thirteen.
- ‘Two years earlier, grants for teaching music in elementary schools were introduced for the first time.’
- ‘When my kids were in elementary school 40 years ago they were taught to hide under desks in case of an atom bomb attack.’
- ‘From public schools to elementary schools, the history of the empire was still little taught, while for most young people Empire Day meant an extra holiday rather than a commitment to dominion over palm and pine.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.