One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
The use of electric currents passed through the body to stimulate nerves and muscles, chiefly in the treatment of various forms of paralysis.
- ‘Physiotherapy involves a range of treatments, including manipulation, massage, exercise, electrotherapy and hydrotherapy.’
- ‘You already received some electrotherapy for that.’
- ‘Later on, modalities were used such as electrotherapy, ultrasound therapy, laser therapy, magneto therapy, electrical stimulation of hypotrophic muscles, hydro-kinesitherapy, and kinesitherapy.’
- ‘The researchers concluded that direct current electrotherapy is an effective, painless, and safe outpatient treatment approach to all grades of internal and mixed hemorrhoid disease.’
- ‘The purring of a cat is at the frequency commonly used in electrotherapy to assist in pain relief and healing.’
- ‘Physiotherapy manual techniques, strengthening exercises, stretches, hydrotherapy, electrotherapy, taping, posture correction and advice may then help optimise recovery.’
- ‘Compliance with daily electrotherapy treatment was confirmed by patient reports at subsequent visits and as independently reported by a visiting nurse.’
- ‘Adherence was likely improved by the flexible treatment schedule; patients could perform electrotherapy at any time of day.’
- ‘We have a sad history of enforced treatment of people who've committed crimes but now treatments like electrotherapy, electric shock treatment, and psychosurgery are very strictly regulated.’
- ‘They were the first to use electrotherapy to cure pain, and also have an understanding of what happened.’
- ‘She was put on electrotherapy and analgesics and improved sufficiently to compete in the games.’
- ‘Subjects of both groups were told they may or may not feel the tingle of electrotherapy.’
- ‘There are two types of electrotherapy - transcutaneous electrical nerve stimulation and neuromuscular electrical stimulation.’
- ‘A standard technique for measuring the effect of electrotherapy on ischemic wounds has provided good reproducibility.’
- ‘The Clinic was a terrible place where a group of misguided scientists attempted to use electrotherapy to ‘rehabilitate’ Rob.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.