One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A device that removes suspended dust particles from a gas or exhaust by applying a high-voltage electrostatic charge and collecting the particles on charged plates.
- ‘Some use electrostatic precipitators, which are charged plates that collect the particles before they are attracted to something else in the room.’
- ‘The farmers allege that shutting off the thermal power plant's electrostatic precipitator caused the fog.’
- ‘The flue gas-cleaning system has a semi-dry scrubber with an electrostatic precipitator, but there is no dioxin filter.’
- ‘The locations of the boiler and stack are set, and an electrostatic precipitator or baghouse may have been added since the plant was built.’
- ‘However, the installation of these devices, such as electrostatic precipitators, concentrates the fly ash in certain areas.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.