One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A record of the electrical activity of the retina, used in medical diagnosis and research.
- ‘The spectral properties of visual pigments can be measured using a variety of methods such as microspectrophotometry, single-cell recordings, and electroretinograms.’
- ‘The electroretinogram is a noninvasive physiologic technique for recording electrical potentials from the retina in response to flashes of light.’
- ‘We have relied on a two-phase screening strategy that uses visual behavior of young larvae for initial identification, followed by electroretinogram and histological analysis for confirmation.’
- ‘Various aspects of the electroretinogram were abnormal in at least half of the cases in at least one eye.’
- ‘Animals were restrained such that their pleopods were free to generate respiratory currents across the gills, and recordings of the electroretinogram were made from intact eyes of living animals.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.