One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A style of popular music characterized by the use of electronically created sounds, with a synthesizer as the primary instrument.
- ‘I'm not sure what to make of the current re-hashing of 80s electro-pop, it's a dilemma.’
- ‘With last year's 604 album, the Liverpool-based quartet became poster children for the electro-pop revival.’
- ‘Since then her brand of electro-pop, via the album Read My Lips, has made a huge splash.’
- ‘Twenty-four hours after a set of robotically performed electro-pop, the Old Town venue went up in smoke.’
- ‘The album also features a cover of Can's I Want More, which sees Kirk adopting a rare electro-pop format.’
- ‘Yes, electro pop is here to stay.’
- ‘Imagine five guys all on synths, moogs and drum machines playing dancy electro-pop songs with great energy and build ups.’
- ‘We would like to believe good can be found in everyone and everything, including electro pop / rock music.’
- ‘This post-modern pilfering continues: a squirt of rock robotics can't mask the electro-pop stench of Gary Numan on Radio.’
- ‘His gripping acoustic cover of countryfolk the Knife's electro-pop "Heartbeats" was even a minor hit in his homeland.’
- ‘Staccato beats, tinny keys and metrosexual anxiety permeate Last Exit, the debut full-length by Hamilton, Ontario electro-pop trio Junior Boys.’
- ‘For fans of 1980s electro-pop, nothing could be sweeter.’
- ‘The acoustic replaces the electric and there is no electro-pop numbers like Mayday to take the album on a different tangent.’
- ‘I suppose it only makes sense that all the coolest electro-pop has been coming from our Nordic neighbours in Scandinavia.’
- ‘The second CD takes us into self-described "acid, rave, electropop" territory.’
- ‘Yet 20 years on, their skeletal electro-pop has spawned a monster.’
- ‘But a word of warning: this time around there are no electro-pop / ragtime crossovers to be found.’
- ‘Also on the bill will be some ambient space improv by Tectonic Plates and some indie electro pop care of the Spins.’
- ‘I instantly sober up (somewhat) and pinch myself as I chew the fat with the godfather of electro-pop.’
- ‘Brooklyn-based electro-pop trio Au Revoir Simone is back with a follow-up to the 2007 release, The Bird of Music.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.